Monday, September 29, 2008

Shards of Alara - Pre Release Tournament



Last Sunday, I was able to join the Pre release Tournament : Shards of Alara. The event was the most successful Mtg Event in Davao ever :) with 33 registered players. Shards was a little bit hard in constructing a deck since some of the cards require 3 colors mana.. we need to balance our deck and enough mana fixers in order for the deck to work .. It took me more than the time aloted to construct my deck.. Thanks to my cousin .. for helping me re evaluate my deck .. :)


Round1

1st Game

I chose to draw first and got 1 Wild nacalt in hand ,1 lush growth, 2 forest, 1 mountain, 1 artifact that produces 3 color mana 2 rip clan crasher ... First turn: I played a forest and cast Wild nacalt and the opponent played his first land, Second Turn : I played another forest and cast lush growth to make the Wild nacalt 3/3 and swing it .. In my opponent 's turn .. he played another land .. 3rd Turn: I was able to cast 1 rip clan crasher and continue attacking while he got no creatures.. and on 4th turn : another rip clan is on board and he still got no creatures in play .. i was able to keep on waving without any problem .. 2nd Game: My Opponent chose to Play first and still lucky enough to get another Nacalt but with 2 Naya Charm ... got really lucky ... during the first round and finish it early by tapping all his creatures in my last wave that gave me the win in the first round

Standing 1-0


Second Round: Battle of the Long Hairs Vs Short Hairs

When we role the dice .. for who comes first the dice hit my fingers and make it in favor to my opponent .. This round was really the most difficult because i tried to take control of board with just an unblockble creature .. got lucky he dont have any burn spell during the first game .. and during the second game he was able to put his saproling maker mage .. into board as early as turn 3 and was able to produce enough sapro to finish to force a game 3 ... in game 3 I was able to damage him early and finish the game with the cycling burn spell :)

Standing 2-0

Short hair prevails ....


3rd game: battle of the undefeated

Game 1 Got a an early rally attacks and trim down his life to 10 by end of turn 5 .. but he was able to make a come back .. in the last turn he was down to 7 and in hand got a cycling card that can deal as much as 6 damage to target creature or player and i was hoping he will not block my 2/2 first strike creature ... but he decided to block it and .. he swings the big creature.. In game 2 he started to play his key creatures during the first 4 turns and freely swing attacks for 3 turns .. but was able recover to comeback but his Big Creature is back and freely casted it .. I tried to destroy it during the 7th turn but he got some instants to increase its life.. on board and still finishes me with two swings of his Feral hydra.:(

Standing 2-1


4th Match: Battle of the Titans - Vs Peter Ang

Game 1 ended fast with the lush growth and Wild nacalt combo and the 2 rip clan crasher during turn 4 .. it was a fast game indeed ... Game2: I wasn't able to get enough lands to cast some of my vanilla creatures .. :) he waves all his small but terrible creatures and forces a game 3: A lesson learned ... (" Greed will imprison as all" - Rush Hour 1) I fetch a land the I rarely needed without thinking that i needed a forest card to fix all the problem .. Ouch .. another heartbreaking lost...

2-2 I finished 16th overall .:) better luck next time ..

aim high .. soar high ...


wink... i don't exist.

No comments: